Combination PVC Casing Bead with built-in closed cell backer rod
Factory-applied, closed-cell backer rod provides a sealed separation gap 1/4" wide where stucco abuts dissimilar materials such as the perimeter of window and door openings per ASTM C1063.
ClarkDietrich BackerBead® eliminates the need to install a backer rod separately, as the product features a factory-applied backer rod that is affixed to the vinyl casing bead and set to the exact height and depth. This allows the installer to create a “gap” on the wall without the hassle of aligning it in the field, thereby saving time and materials. When the gap is properly caulked, the blue backer rod will no longer be visible. E-Flange profile provides 80% more stucco embedment than traditional flat flange profiles.
Closed-cell backer rod compatible with elastomeric and other cold-applied sealants. The factory applied backer rod is adhered with setback of 1/4" from the leading edge of the ground on BackerBead casing bead products, unless noted. BackerBead also available with a solid 1-3/4" flange upon request. Backer Rod also available in white upon request for clear sealant applications.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Ground (A)||Flange width (B)||Length||Pcs./Box|
Lengths: All 10-foot long standard. Custom lengths upon request.
Colors: Available in white, tan, brown or gray.
Backer Rod: Blue standard, white backer rod optional (for clear sealants)
U.S. Patent Number D842,496 and D843,015
Prior to setting the BackerBead, clean all surfaces to receive the bead and remove any debris. Refer to sealant manufacturer’s recommendations on caulking this gap. Dry off surfaces. Have the backer rod touch the adjacent surface continuously.
Downloadable CAD details are available in the Resources tab
Easy Embedment System (EES) Overview
- BackerBead® Full Line Product Catalog
- E-Flange Product Brochure
- Vinyl Stucco and Plaster Finishing Products_11-05-2020
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM D638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM D790 - Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials
- ASTM D256 - Standard test Methods for Determining the Izod Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastics
- ASTM D648 - Standard Test Method for Deflection Temperature of Plastics Under Flexural Load in the Edgewise Position
- ASTM D696 - Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of Plastics Between −30°C and 30°C with a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Cell Class 13244C - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM C1330 - Standard Specification for Cylindrical Sealant Backing for Use with Cold Liquid-Applied Sealants
- ASTM E331 - Standard test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skyligts, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- ASTM C926 - Standard Specification for Application of Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1861 - Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 - Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster. Table, 1, PVC for Exterior.
- ASTM C1780 - Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-Based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C841 - Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|BackerBead with E-Flange||BackerBead with E-Flange|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.