Drip flashing with built-in closed cell backer rod
BackerBead® Drip Flashing - 3-1/2" Flange is designed to provide positive drainage above exterior window and door openings while also providing a caulk tray at the top of window and door frames for the proper seal and added moisture protection.
Eliminates the need to install a backer rod separately, as the product features a factory-applied backer rod that is affixed to the vinyl Drip Flange and set for accurate jointing. This accessory allows the installer to create a “gap” on the wall without the hassle of aligning it in the field, thereby saving time and materials. The Drip Flange is recommended over window, door heads, short roof flashing, or underneath stone for a brick-ledge condition. Punched holes near top of attachment flange facilitates easy fastening.
Features / Benefits:
- Combination Bead - Reduces steps in the field installation of Drip Flashing and separate backer rod. Ensures backer rod is installed around all door and window openings.
- Improved Quality - Factory-applied blue backer rod with preset width and depth to ensure proper caulk gap for sealant application. When the gap is properly caulked, the blue backer rod will no longer be visible.
- Separation of Dissimilar Materials - Properly terminates stucco and mortar at window and door frames. (ASTM C926)
- Sealant Compatibility - Closed-cell backer rod compatible with elastomeric, silicone, urethane and other cold-applied sealants.
Prior to setting the Drip Flange, clean all surfaces to receive the bead and remove any debris. Refer to sealant manufacturer’s recommendations on caulking this gap. Dry off surfaces. Have the backer rod touch the adjacent surface continuously. Make sure the Drip Flange component on the Head opening extend 1/2" wider than the casing bead intersection below, terminating from the jamb.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM D638 - Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
- ASTM D790 - Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials
- ASTM D256 - Standard test Methods for Determining the Izod Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastics
- ASTM D648 - Standard Test Method for Deflection Temperature of Plastics Under Flexural Load in the Edgewise Position
- ASTM D696 - Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of Plastics Between −30°C and 30°C with a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer
- ASTM D1784 - Standard Classification System and Basis for Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Compounds
- ASTM D4216 Cell Class 13244C - Standard Specification for Rigid Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) and Related PVC and Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride (CPVC) Building Products Compounds
- ASTM C1330 - Standard Specification for Cylindrical Sealant Backing for Use with Cold Liquid-Applied Sealants
- ASTM E331 - Standard test Method for Water Penetration of Exterior Windows, Skyligts, Doors, and Curtain Walls by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference
- ASTM C1861 - Standard Specification for Lathing and Furring Accessories, and Fasteners, for Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 - Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster. Table, 1, PVC for Exterior.
- ASTM C1780 - Standard Practice for Installation Methods for Cement-Based Adhered Masonry Veneer
- ASTM C841 - Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
Product Submittal Sheets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|BackerBead Drip Flashing - 3-1/2" Flange||BackerBead® - Drip Flashing - 3-1/2" Flange|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.