GALVANIZED STEEL Expanded flange corner bead for exterior corners
A solid nose, all-purpose exterior corner bead. Strong and economical with multiple general use purposes.
The wide, expanded-wing flanges are flexible and can compensate for most irregular surfaces providing even grounds and straight corners. The expanded steel near the nose of the corner bead provides multiple plastering and stucco keys allowing for reinforcement and strength where it is needed the most. In addition to reinforcing corners, the #1A Corner Bead can also be used as a return accessory around any recessed opening or as a corner for spray-applied fireproofing when the column of bead is boxed in.
Galvanized steel products should not be used with magnesium oxychloride cement stucco or Portland cement stucco containing calcium chloride additives. The selection of the appropriate type of material for accessories shall be determined by the surrounding climatic and environmental conditions such as salt air, industrial pollution, and high humidity. The #1A Corner Bead is available in Zinc for approved corrosion resistance.
Product Data & Ordering Information
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A653 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) or Zinc-Iron Alloy-Coated (Galvannealed) by the Hot-Dip Process
- ASTM B69 Standard Specification for Rolled Zinc
- ASTM C841 Standard Specification for Installation of Interior Lathing and Furring
- ASTM C847 Standard Specification for Metal Lath
- ASTM C926 Standard Specification for Application of Portland Cement - Based Plaster
- ASTM C1063 Standard Specification for Installation of Lathing and Furring to Receive Interior and Exterior Portland Cement-Based Plaster
- Intertek CCRR-0204 Metal Lath - Code Compliance Research Report
- SDS For ASTM A653 Steel Finishing Products For Interior Finishing and Exterior Finishing
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|CBXA||#1A Expanded Corner Bead|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.