Used to finish drywall edges when dissimilar materials and door and window encasements meet gypsum
Vinyl Muddable J-Bead is used to cover and protect exposed ends of gypsum panels that abut to other substrates such as masonry, glass and metal frames. Raised shoulder and extensive perforations along flange ensure excellent finishing compound adhesion and flush finish. Moisture- and thermal-resistant properties of rigid vinyl trims make for ideal use around bathtubs, showers, windows and skylights. Rust proof and dent resistant. Easy to cut and install. Available in 1/2" and 5/8" depths.
- Moisture and dent resistant.
- Raised shoulder and perforations enhance compound adhesion.
- Produces finished edges at panel terminations.
Material: 0.028 PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
Watch how the Muddable J-Bead is installed in a Armstrong® module perimeter acoustical drywall system:
Product Data & Ordering Information
For additional vinyl profile sizes visit Vinyl Corp™ Corner Bead web page.
ASTM & Code Standards
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM D3678 Class 2 materials
- Installation: ASTM C840 & C841 (Interior Finishes)
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.