Paper-Faced Beads & Trims
Protects and finishes wallboard edge when gypsum panels abut dissimilar surfaces
Platinum® L-Trims are used to finish the ends of wallboard where it abuts dissimilar surfaces such as suspended ceilings, beams, plaster, masonry or untrimmed door and window jambs. Tape-on L-Trims are applied in the same manner as all other tape-on beads. Joint compound is used to embed the paper-faced bead to the wallboard paper. Excess compound can be removed with a drywall knife or clean rag.
- Virtually eliminates costly callbacks.
- Impervious to “scuffing“ and “fluffing-up.“
- Will not be damaged by sanding.
- Substantially reduces joint compound consumption and eliminates one finish coat.
- Does not require mechanical fastening (No nails, staples, screws or crimps).
- Superior adhesion, bonding and paintability.
- Does not require nose coating.
- U.S. Patent Nos. 5,613,335 and 5,836,122
Material: 0.0125 galvanized coating.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||USG Reference*||Style||Dimensions||Wt./Ctn.||Pcs./Ctn.|
|P4L 1/2"||B4||1/2"||9/16"||15/16"||1-1/4"||42 lbs.||50|
|P4L 5/8"||B4||5/8"||11/16"||1-1/16"||1"||44 lbs.||50|
All carton weights are calculated based on 10' lengths.
Standard lengths are 8' and 10'. Other lengths available.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- ASTM C1047
- SDS & Product Certification Information
All stored materials shall be kept dry. Materials shall be stacked off the ground, supported on a level platform, and protected from the weather.
* ClarkDietrich Building Systems does not manufacture, license or sell products sold under the USG/Beadex product codes and that such codes are listed for cross reference/comparison purposes only.