CLARKDIETRICH COLD-FORMED STEEL C-STUDS
ClarkDietrich studs are made in a variety of flange widths to meet different applications.
- Standard Web Size: 2-1/2” (250S), 3-1/2” (350S), 3-5/8” (362S), 4” (400S), 5-1/2” (550S), 6” (600S), 8” (800S), 10” (1000S), 12” (1200S), 14” (1400S)
- Flange Sizes: 1-3/8”, 1-5/8”, 2”, 2-1/2”, 3”.
- Thickness: 33 mils (20ga), 43 mils (18ga), 54 mils (16ga), 68 mils (14ga) and 97 mils (12ga).
- 33mil (20ga) and 43mil (18ga) framing products are produced with 33ksi steel.
54mil (16ga), 68mil (14ga) and 97mil (12ga) products are produced with 50ksi steelunless otherwise noted.
- Standard coating: CP60 (CP90 available)
- Additional member depths of 7-1/4", 9-1/4", 11-1/2", 13-1/2" and 14" are also available.
- All studs are color coded for easy identification.
ClarkDietrich S137 (CWN) member have a 1-3/8" flange and 3/8" return and are used to support the exterior skin or cladding material (metal, stone, tile, glass, etc.) and the wind loads to which they are subjected.
ClarkDietrich S162 (CSJ) members have a 1-5/8" flange and a 1/2" return and are considered the industry standard. S162 members are preferred for most curtain wall applications. They also provide the vertical strength necessary for demanding load-bearing structural applications and sufficient strength for many joist applications.
ClarkDietrich S200 (CSW) members a 2" wide flange and a 5/8" return that provides a larger bearing surface for attaching sub-flooring or sheathing materials. This framing member is also used in axial load-bearing wall assemblies.
ClarkDietrich S250 (CSE) members have a 2-1/2" wide flange and a 5/8" return and are used in floor joist assemblies and heavy loading conditions.
ClarkDietrich S300 (CSS) members have a 3" flange and a 5/8" return and are used in very heavy loading and long spanning conditions.
See ClarkDietrich's Product Identification sheet for more on how to identify our products.
Easy installation of wiring, plumbing and bridging.
ClarkDietrich cold-formed C-studs, produced to ASTM C955 standards, for axial load-bearing and curtain-wall framing are pre-punched with knockouts at regular intervals—specifically designed to allow for rapid installation of pipes, electrical conduit and wall bridging.
Standard knockout sizing is 1-1/2" x 4" in members 3-5/8" and wider. Members smaller than 3-5/8" are unpunched unless otherwise specified at time of order. If specified, members will be punched with a 3/4" x 2-1/2" knockout. Custom hole placement is available upon request. Knockouts are punched 12" from the lead edge with additional knockouts every 24" O.C. (in the west, the first knockout is punched 24" from the lead edge).
Need Product Data Sheets or Submittals?
For product data sheets with section properties for all C-Stud profiles available, use the Launch SubmittalPro link found on the bottom of this page.
ASTM & Code Standards:
- AISI North American Specification [NASPEC] 2001 w/ 2004 Supplement
- Structural framing is produced to meet or exceed ASTM C955
- Galvanized sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM A1003
- ClarkDietrich's structural framing comply with the SFIA Code Compliance Certification Program, ICC-ES Evaluation Report ESR-1166P and Intertek CCRR-0206
Check the updated list of Certified Production Facilities at Intertek's website at www.intertek.com/building/sfia
- For installation & storage information refer to ASTM C1007
- SDS & Product Certification Information