Hanger Wire is available in 8, 9 and 12 gauge and is galvanized for corrosion resistance. Hanger wire is suspended from the underside of the floor structure to provide a structural support for drop, gypsum wallboard or plaster suspended ceilings.
Tie Wire is 18-gauge galvanized soft annealed wire used in drywall and plaster construction to tie furring channels to main runner U-channels. It’s also used to tie metal lath to channels in plaster construction, attach expansion/control joints to lath and tie the lath overlap between rows of fasteners. 18ga tie wire is not recommended for suspension.
In a drop ceiling assembly U-Channel is suspended from the overhead structure using hanger wire. Drywall furring channel is wire-tied perpendicular to the underside of the U-Channel at appropriate intervals for screw-attaching drywall. Assemblies are installed per the project specification or ASTM C 754 requirements. Wire ties are required for fire-rated and multilayer assemblies.
- Available by 50 lbs. hanks (bundles).
- Regular zinc coating (galvanized).
- Special zinc coatings (e.g. Class 1) are available for certain gauges by special order.
- Tensile range 50,000-65,000 psi.
- Breaking strength for 12ga soft wire is 375 lbs.
- Recommend a minimum safety factor of 1/4.
- Maximum recommended load on each wire is 94 lbs.
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|HWB8, HWB9, HW12||Hanger Wire|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.