33mil (20 Gauge) Lateral Bracing Clip used to secure 3/4" U-Channel to drywall studs
The ClarkDietrich CC33 clip is used to secure U-Channel or Cold Rolled Channel (CRC) to non-structural wall studs. The wall stud friction fit design allows for as little as one screw for the connection to the U-Channel.
The CC33 clip is a stiffened, G90 galvanized steel clip that's tested and designed to facilitate the rapid, efficient installation of 3/4" U-Channel lateral bracing for non-structural interior wall framing constructed of ProSTUD® Drywall Framing or non-structural studs.
- The CC33 clip should not be used in studs over 6" wide
- US Patent No. D822,455
Product Data & Ordering Information
Thickness: 20 Gauge (33mil) 0.0346” design thickness, 0.0329” minimum thickness
Yield Strength: 33ksi
Dimensions: Made to fit over 3/4” U-Channel and inside a drywall punchout
Packaging: (200) pieces per bucket
Product Weight: 0.12 lb. / piece
ASTM & Code Standards:
• Galvanized sheet steel meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM C645
• Sheet steel meets or exceeds mechanical and chemical requirements of ASTM A1003
• SDS & Product Certification Information
CC33 clips are fastened using #8 self-drilling screws driven through the clip hole into the U-Channel. More than one screw may be needed depending on design. Design loads & tables can be found below.
- CC33 Clip Design Tables - Installation Requirements based on Lateral Pressure, Stud & Bracing Spacing
- CC33 Clip Load Tables - Allowable Bridging Distance Capacity
- CC33 Clip Design Examples - Design Calculation Example
More about CC33 Clips on ClarkDietrich TV
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's FastBridge clips.