telescopes in length to deal with variances during installation
TRAKLOC® Drywall Framing
More about TRAKLOC® on ClarkDietrich TV
Features and Benefits
- Twists and locks into place. Studs can be installed from the ground, greatly reducing time spent climbing ladders and scaffolding.
- Installation of TRAKLOC is ICC-ES approved without the use of fasteners to attach the studs to the top or bottom track. ICC-ES Report # ESR-1464.
- Significant productivity gains are possible versus conventional stud and track framing. This results in substantial installed cost savings!
- Safer Framing System™ reduces jobsite hazards. Less time spent climbing scaffolds, ladders, lifts and bending over to install screws result in fewer job related injuries and reduced workers compensation costs.
- Less cutting of studs significantly reduces material scrap and waste.
- Less noise, less steel shavings and improved air quality.
- Allows for seismic and live-load vertical inter-floor deflection in the stud, not the track. This feature eliminates the need for deflection tracks in fire-rated head-of-wall assemblies.
See TRAKLOC Stud Profiles for more information.
In many retrofit conditions, one of the biggest battles is having to transport stud and track members in and out of elevators. In what we call our Elevator Stud™, the TRAKLOC® members can fully compress inside themselves and then telescope out to full length. What this means on the jobsite is that you can essentially get an 18'-0" fully extended stud in a 10'-0" elevator car. This not only saves the labor of stocking the framing but also reduces installation, as you no longer have to splice studs. The TRAKLOC® system is versatile and can satisfy even the most difficult jobsite interior non-loadbearing condition and save you labor in the process.
How do you stock studs for framing a 16' tall wall when your freight elevator only has a 12' length capacity?
ClarkDietrich manufactures standard lengths and special order lengths, with extra long telescopic extensions, that's how.
Elevator studs can be ordered where the Stud Extension overlaps the Stud Open End by 100% when compressed and by only one foot once extended. Elevator studs do require the one foot overlap minimum once extended. 4" and 6" studs are required to have the overlap secured with four screws*. Nonetheless, a 10' (when compressed) stud could be extended up to an installed length of 19'.
*Due to the fastening of the TRAKLOC splice, elevator studs are not for deflection by themselves.
TRAKLOC TTS Track standard length is 10'-0" to accommodate a standard elevator car. Shorter lengths are available for non-standard conditions.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about TRAKLOC Drywall Framing Systems.