Used to secure u-channel to wall studs for lateral bracing
The ClarkDietrich FastBridge™ clip is used to secure U-Channel or Cold Rolled Channel (CRC) to structural or non-structural wall studs when used in load-bearing, curtain wall or drywall framing applications. The wall stud friction fit design allows for as little as one screw for the connection to the U-Channel.
The FastBridge clip is a stiffened, G90 galvanized steel clip that's tested and designed to facilitate the rapid, efficient installation of 1-1/2" U-Channel lateral bracing for exterior curtain wall framing, loadbearing walls or interior partitions constructed of structural or non-structural studs.
U.S. Patent No. D692,746 - Canadian Patent No. 152,547
FastBridge Clip is available in three versions:
- (FB33) 20-gauge light-duty clip
For use with 20-16 gauge structural studs or ProStud Drywall Studs
- (FB43) 18-gauge light-duty clip
For use with 20-16 gauge structural studs
- (FB68) 14-gauge heavy-duty clip
For use with 16-12 gauge structural studs
Product Data & Ordering Information
Click the belowto view Submittal Datasheet
|Product code||Mils||Gauge||Yield Strength||Design thickness (in)||Min. thickness (in)||Knockout Size||Packaging pcs./bucket|
- Coating: G90
- ASTM: A653
- FB43 & FB68 FastBridge Clip with Structural Studs (Design Tables, Allowable Loads & Design Examples)
- FB33 FastBridge Clip with Structural Studs (Design Tables, Allowable Loads & Design Examples)
- FB33 FastBridge Clip with NonStructural Studs (Design Tables, Allowable Loads)
U-Channel is inserted into the stud punchout (spacing as specified by design) and rotated into place (leg down). Place the FastBridge Clip inside the punchout (stiffened wings down) and twist allowing the friction fit design to hold the clip into place. The clip must be firmly seated over the top web of the U-channel. FastBridge clips are fastened using #10 self-drilling screws driven through the clip hole into the U-channel. More than one screw may be need depending on design.
The FastBridge clip should not be used in studs over 8" wide.
- Spazzer® 5400 Bridging Bar
- Spazzer® 9200 Bridging Bar
- U-channel with SwiftClip™ LS-Series™ Support Clip
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's FastBridge clips.