Combination PVC Casing Bead with built-in closed cell backer rod
ClarkDietrich BackerBead® eliminates the need to install a backer rod separately, as the product features a factory-applied backer rod that is affixed to the vinyl casing bead and set to the exact height and depth. This allows the installer to create a “gap” on the wall without the hassle of aligning it in the field, thereby saving time and materials.
Features / Benefits:
- Combination Bead - Reduces steps in the field installation of casing bead and separate backer rod. Ensures backer rod is installed around all door and window openings.
- Improved Quality - Factory-applied blue backer rod with preset width and depth to ensure proper caulk gap for sealant application. When the gap is properly caulked, the blue backer rod will no longer be visible.
- Separation of Dissimilar Materials - Properly terminates stucco and mortar at window and door frames.
- Sealant Compatibility - Closed-cell backer rod compatible with elastomeric and other cold-applied sealants.
Product Data & Ordering Information
|Product code||Ground (in.)||Size (in.)||Pcs./Box|
|6650BB||1/2"||1-3/4" flange width perforations||50|
Lengths: All 10-foot long standard. Custom lengths upon request.
Colors: Available in white, tan, brown or gray.
Backer Rod: Blue standard, white backer rod optional.
- Factory applied backer rod is adhered with set back of 1/4" from the leading edge of the ground on BackerBead casing bead products, unless noted.
- BackerBead also available with a solid 1-3/4" flange upon request.
- Backer Rod also available in white upon request for clear sealant applications.
- U.S. Patent Number D761,971
ASTM & Code Standards:
- Vinyl Material: Complies with ASTM D1784 and ASTM C-1063, Table 1, PVC for exterior use.
- Backer Rod: Closed cell material per ASTM C1330, square, flexible continuous lengths of extruded polyethylene foam used as a backing material.
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D 5249) …5.5 psi, 38.2 (kPa)
- Density (ASTM D1622)…..1.3-2.3 lb/cu.ft., 20-37 kg/cu.mtr (avg.)
- BackerBead components are chemically Inert & virtually dust free
- SDS & Product Certification Information
Prior to setting the BackerBead, clean all surfaces to receive the bead and remove any debris. Refer to sealant manufacturer’s recommendations on caulking this gap. Dry off surfaces. Have the backer rod touch the adjacent surface continuously.