Intumescent L-Bead with Compressible Foam
BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead-INT, when used in conjunction with MaxTrak®-INT (SLT-INT) slotted track or solid deep leg deflection tracks, provides joint protection up to 1" for a 2 HR concrete deck Head of Wall Joint System. Perimeter L-Bead-INT is placed over the top edge of the outer layer of gypsum board, leaving a 5/8" space between the foam and the leg of the steel top track.
BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead-INT is PVC blended with an intumescent fire retardant polymer composite. With the intumescent already in the bead, there is no need for extra tape making this a lower cost assembly. BlazeFrame® Perimeter L-Bead-INT is easily attached with staples through the bead flange. Multiple perforations along the 1-1/8" flange enhance strong compound adhesion and the raised shoulder provides a ground for a flush finish. Rigid vinyl is rust proof, dent resistant and easy to field cut without distorting the profile.
- BlazeFrame MaxTRAK-INT (SLT-INT) slotted track
- BlazeFrame Deep Leg Deflection Structural
- BlazeFrame Deep Leg Deflection Drywall ProTRAK®
- Intertek Design No: CD/NSMF 120-05; 2HR HOW Joint System
- ASTM C1047 - Standard Specification for Accessories for Gypsum Wallboard and Gypsum Veneer Base
- ASTM E1966-2 hour, ASTM E1399/ASTM E 1966 Cycling
- ASTM D3678 Class 2 materials
- Installation: ASTM C840 & C841 (Interior Finishes)
- SFO compressible semi-closed foam per ASTM D1056-07
- IBC requires that fire-resistant joint systems be tested in accordance with the requirements of either ASTM E1966 or Intertek
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's BlazeFrame Products.