THE FASTEST WAY TO FIND TRAKLOC LIMITING HEIGHTS
Single submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
For product data sheets with section properties and limiting heights for all TRAKLOC Stud & Track profiles available, use the Launch SubmittalPro link found on the bottom of this page.
(All tables below updated 1/5/2018 based on the ICC ESR-1464 Report)
Please review all TRAKLOC Drywall Framing Installation Recommendations before ordering or installing TRAKLOC's System
Composite limiting height data can be applied to walls where 5/8” gypsum board is installed vertically on both flanges of the stud for the full height of the wall and installed in accordance with ASTM C840-2013. TRAKLOC® composite limiting heights were determined in accordance with ICC-ES AC86-2012.
COMPOSITE LIMITING HEIGHT TABLES
- TRAKLOC Elevator Studs (TLE)
- TRAKLOC Adjustable Studs (TLA) or Fixed Length Studs (TLF)
- TRAKLOC Deflection Studs (TLD)
Non-composite conditions are common in all structures. When the gypsum board stops at the ceiling level, but the stud continues to the deck, it is a non-composite condition. While there may be advantages to contacting Technical Services or a Design Professional, many conditions can be covered by limiting heights tables shown below. When in doubt, call our complimentary Technical Services Hotline at 888-437-3244.
Distance of unbraced length (Lu) can be found in TRAKLOC® Physical and Structural Properties shown in SubmittalPro
NON-COMPOSITE LIMITING HEIGHT TABLES
- TRAKLOC Elevator Studs (TLE) - FULLY BRACED
- TRAKLOC Elevator Studs (TLE) - BRACED AT 48" O.C.
- TRAKLOC Fixed Length Studs (TLF) - FULLY BRACED
- TRAKLOC Fixed Length Studs (TLF) - BRACED AT 48" O.C.
- TRAKLOC Adjustable Studs (TLA) or Deflection Studs (TLD) - FULLY BRACED
- TRAKLOC Adjustable Studs (TLA) or Deflection Studs (TLD) - BRACED AT 48" O.C.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about ClarkDietrich's TRAKLOC Limiting Heights.