Stud Profile Information
- Web Depths: 2-1/2", 3-5/8", 4" and 6"
- Flange Width: 1-1/4"
- Lip Size: 0.288"
- Material Thicknesses:
- 18mil (25ga) 33ksi
- 24mil (20EQ) 57ksi
- 30mil (20ga DW) 33ksi
- 33mil (20ga) 33ksi
- All material: G40 (G60 available as special order)
TRAKLOC studs are available in four configurations:
- TRAKLOC Fixed Length Stud (TLF)
- TRAKLOC Adjustable Stud (TLA)
- TRAKLOC Deflection Stud (TLD)
- TRAKLOC Elevator Stud (TLE)
TRAKLOC stud without telescopic extension. Studs are fixed length and not adjustable and have a TRAKLOC swaged end on both ends of the stud allowing the stud to be connected to the top and bottom track without fasteners.
- Connected without the use of fasteners
- Ideal for partition walls that do not go from deck to deck and non-composite "above-grid" wall assemblies that have suspended ceilings, as well as TI (tenant improvement) and remodel applications
- Less time on lifts/ladders
The fixed length studs (TLF) are ordered to length, are single piece components, and are swaged at each end to interlock with the TRAKLOC Track. This product is used in applications where the partition height is consistent and speed of installation is of critical importance. The unique swage at the end of each stud allows for quick, tight installation eliminating the need for framing screws or a lift/ladder to install the framing screws.
Adjustable (TLA), Deflection (TLD) and Elevator (TLE) are two piece components which allow for the telescoping feature unique to TRAKLOC. The two piece components arrive pre-assembled to help speed assembly. The installer simply inserts the top end of the stud in the top track and then extends the stud (telescoping) to the proper length to engage the bottom end of the stud in the bottom track.
TRAKLOC® ADJUSTABLE STUD (TLA)
The TRAKLOC adjustable stud can be used in composite, non-composite, rated or non-rated wall assemblies that extend from deck to deck and do not require allowance for live-load and or seismic-induced inter-floor vertical deflection.
- Accommodates variation in floor to ceiling heights
- Eliminates need to measure and cut studs on jobsite
- Project schedule time savings and installed cost saving
- 12" long insert - requires 8" min. overlap
TRAKLOC® DEFLECTION STUD (TLD)
The TRAKLOC deflection stud (TLD) is similar to our TRAKLOC adjustable stud, except the extension insert has slots cut out of the flanges. This allows the drywall screw to pass through the drywall and the outer portion of the stud while passing through the slot. The slot allows the drywall to be attached while still allowing for seismic and/or live-load induced inter-floor deflection at the head-of-wall joint.
- Allows for seismic and live-load vertical inter-floor deflection
- Tested in accordance with ASTM E-119 and ASTM E-1966
- Approved for use in one-hour and two-hour fire-rated head-of-wall deflection assemblies
- Intertek Warnock Hersey Design Listed
- Provides 1" (+/- 1/2") of deflection
- Allows up to 2" of stud height adjustability
- 12" long insert - requires 8" min. overlap
The two-piece elevator studs arrive in a compressed position to accommodate stocking in a building elevator and then can be extended (telescoped) to the required length at point of installation. This reduces the cost of stocking long studs on floors accessible only by elevators and stairways. The elevator stud is ordered in a length that is just slightly over half the total length of the finished stud. For example, a 10' (when compressed) elevator stud can extend up to an installed length of 18'.
Deflection can be easily achieved with elevator studs by using TRAKLOC track on the bottom of the wall and MaxTrak™ Slotted Deflection Track at the head of wall.
|Stock Lengths for TRAKLOC Elevator Studs|
|Required Deck Height||Extended Length||Collapsed Length|
|Made to order lengths available to fit nearly any requirement.
For made to order length Elevator Studs, the formula for length determination is as follows:
- Establish required deck height.
- Add 12" to required deck height (for overlap).
- Divide the total by two.
This will be the length of the main outer stud and the inner extension stud. Collapsed length will be the length of the main outer stud, plus 6" to allow the inner extension stud to stick out of the main outer stud by 6".
Example as shown:
Required deck height = 18'
18' + 12" = 19'
19' divided by two = 9' 6"
Both the main outer stud and the inner extension stud will be 9' 6". The assembled and collapsed length will be approximately 10' 0". All you need to do is tell ClarkDietrich the required deck height and we will handle the rest.
*Due to the fastening of the drywall to the TRAKLOC overlap, Elevator Studs are not for deflection by themselves. However, deflection can be achieved by using TRAKLOC track on the bottom of the wall and slotted deflection track at the head of the wall.
TRAKLOC is a dynamic system consisting of two moving parts. To maintain the telescoping feature of this system, it is important to store TRAKLOC studs indoors, free of excessive dust and airborne particulates.
More about TRAKLOC® Elevator Stud on ClarkDietrich TV
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about TRAKLOC Drywall Framing Systems.