DoubleTrack™ or track-over-track curtain-wall deflection system
A DoubleTrack™ system is a two-piece assembly that accommodates deflection of interior partitions and exterior curtain walls.
A custom-made deep leg outer track is installed to the underside of the floor deck. A wall assembly is constructed on the floor and slid into place. The wall assembly is built to allow a “gap” at the top for deflection.
The track-over-track assembly, although still used, is becoming less and less common. The development of innovative deflection systems like the MaxTrak® Slotted Deflection System has significantly improved and streamlined the assembly process. DoubleTrack™ deflection assemblies cannot be used in axial load-bearing stud conditions or above continuous window spandrels.
- Eliminates the need for bridging at the top of the assembly.
- Requires custom top track and longer lead times.
Code Approvals & Performance Standards
- ASTM A1003 Standard Specification for Steel Sheet, Carbon, Metallic- and Nonmetallic-Coated for Cold-Formed Framing Members
- ASTM C955 Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Steel Structural Framing Members
- ICC-ES ESR-1166P Structural Studs and Track
- SFIA Stud Code Compliance Certification Program
- SDS For ASTM A1003 Steel Framing Products For Interior Framing, Exterior Framing and Clips/Accessories
PRoduct submittal SHeets
Click the below Product Code to view Submittal/Tech Datasheet.
|Slip Track||DoubleTrack System|
Submittal sheets for the exact product you're looking for can be created by using ClarkDietrich's SubmittalPro® Product Submittal System.
- Contact ClarkDietrich Technical Services at 888-437-3244 for any questions about creating product submittals or using SubmittalPro.